Deleting All WordPress Comments Using Plugin
- Note: This action is irreversible and you need to make a complete WordPress backup before moving forward.
- First thing you need to do is install and activate the Delete All Comments of WordPress plugin.
- Upon activation, you need to visit Tools » Delete Comments page.
- You will see the total number of comments on your website and options to delete comments.
- You can choose to delete all WordPress comments, pending comments, spam comments, or comments already in trash.
- If you want to delete all WordPress comments, then select ‘All Comments’ option and then click on the Delete Now button.
- Plugin will now permanently delete all comments from your WordPress site.
- Now visit the comments page, and you will see all comments safely deleted from your WordPress site.
- Now Uninstall Plugin.
Delete All WordPress Comments Using phpMyAdmin
- Login to cPanel dashboard of your WordPress hosting account. or Website phpMyAdmin database section.
- Under the database section, click on phpMyAdmin.
- Inside phpMyAdmin, you will need to locate your WordPress website database.
- Check the box next to
- After selecting the comments table, locate the ‘With selected:’ drop-down menu below the table list and select ‘Empty’ from the drop-down menu.
- PhpMyAdmin will now show you a warning asking if you really want to empty those tables.
- Click on the yes button to continue. This will delete all WordPress comments from your database.
WordPress delete all comments
How to remove all of your comments at one time. Basically, if you don’t want any comments at all left on your website (especially pending comments,) we can do that right now. You’ve got two different options.
If you want to get rid of all the pending comments you can do a different plug-in than what I’m about to show you, but here you go. Let’s check this out. I’m going to go-to plug-ins and say “add new.” Of course, you can only do this whenever you’re on the .org version of WordPress.
So, if you don’t have this plug-ins area you might have other issues going on. I want you to do a search to delete all comments. For right now we’re going to go ahead and find this one. We’ve got 30,000 active installs and you can always do more details if you wanted to.
I’ve used this before so I know it works. So we’re going to say “Install now.” And of course, we need to activate. The tricky part about this one and the only tricky part to it is that it actually hides that underneath your “tools” area now.
So you’ll go to “tools” and go to delete all comments. You’ll see that I have 272 comments and I’m going to say delete all comments. And delete all. All comments have been deleted. Now when I go back into my comments area we’ll see that they’re all gone.
Look out! But, what if you want to remove only pending comments? Check this out. You are going to go into “add new.” Here we go. You’re going to say “add new.” I’m going to show you a totally different plug-in. We’re going to be looking for “delete pending comments.” You’ll quickly search for that one. Here it is. This is the one I’m suggesting. Again, 30,000 active installs.
It was updated forever ago but I know it still works. At least as of October 2019, it hasn’t broken my website yet. This one hides actually inside of your comments are now. So, I got here to “delete pending comments.” Click on that area. It’s going to take me into this space here. Basically what the author is asking you to do is write this comment. I’ve obviously done this before.
You have to retype that exact line (basically saying) realizing that this cannot be undone. Before I do that though, I’ll show you. I have one approved comment and one pending.
That’s what this alert is here too with the number one sign. It’s telling me I have one pending. So let’s say I had 200 pending comments and they were just all spam. You just didn’t want to take the time to remove them all. This is the fast way to do it.
So, I went ahead and clicked “delete pending comments.” I deleted pending comments. I’m going to go back to “all comments.” You’ll be able to see that we only have approved comments remaining.