Add a Background Image Using Your WordPress Theme Settings
First, you need to visit the Dashboard in your WordPress admin.
- Goto Appearance>>Customize>>Background Image>>
- Click on the select image button to continue
- Next, you need to click on the choose image button after uploading or selecting the image you want to use as background.
- Don’t forget to click on the ‘Save & Publish button. That’s all, you have successfully added a background image to your WordPress site.
- This will launch the WordPress theme customizer where you can change different theme settings while viewing a live preview of your website.
Add a Custom Background Image in WordPress Using a Plugin
- First, you need to install and activate the Full Screen Background plugin.
- Appearance >> Fullscreen BG Image and upload your background image
How to Add a Background Image in WordPress
If you’re looking for an easy way to customize your site keep reading because I’ll show you how you can add a background image to your website, it’ll make it look more appealing to your visitors.
First thing you want to do is go ahead and head over to your WordPress dashboard area and the first method that we’ll do is by adding a background image using your WordPress theme settings. Depending on which theme you have you might be able to simply add a background from there and I’ll show you what I’m talking about.
You can go to appearance, customize, and if your theme has something like a background image then you’re already set to go. All you need to do is select the image or upload the image that you want to set as your background. I’ll use this one as an example and then you’ll see in the live area it shows where the background will show up.
You see with this theme you have different presets to change the way that it’ll look, you can also change the image from here, and then once you’re happy with that setting you can click Save and publish. So that’s method one and most themes nowadays have that option.