srtasks.exe microsoft® windows system protection background tasks.
Srtasks.exe is a legitimate Microsoft process called System Protection Background Tasks. It is often used by Task Scheduler to automatically create restore points for your system. It is important that you have at least one system restore point set up at a time when your PC is working properly.
- Disable the System Restore (Method 1)
- STEP 1: Press the Windows Key+ R to open the RUN WINDOW. Then write systempropertiesprotection in the field and then press ENTER.
- STEP 2: The tab on the screen named System Properties will appear on the screen and navigate to System Protection if you are already there then move on to the next step.
- STEP 3: Then, the select the c: drive or your Windows 10 installed drive and click on Configure button.
- STEP 4: Under System Protection Tab in the Restore Settings and select “Disable system protection.”
- STEP 5: A warning message will appear (check image below), click on Yes, Click Apply and OK.
- STEP 6: Click on the Apply option and hit on OK.
- Run a Check Disk to Find out Hard Disk Errors and fix it (Method 2)
- Type “Command Prompt” in the start menu search bar in Windows 10 taskbar and run Command Prompt as Administrator (it’s important).
- Give the following commands “chkdsk C: /F /R” to repair your disk and then press Enter.
- Press Y to schedule the checking.
- It will schedule a Disc Check on the next start or restart of the Computer.
- Wait until the disk check process to finish.
- When the check disk procedure gets completed, check if the “SrTasks.exe High Disk Usage” has resolved or not.
Fix System Protection Background Tasks SrTasks.exe High Disk usage
The following solutions may help you eliminate the SrTasks.exe high disk usage issue:
- Run Performance Troubleshooter
- Run System File Checker & DISM
- Troubleshoot in Clean Boot State
- Turn off the System Restore.
Can I end Microsoft Windows system protection background tasks?
The background tasks of Microsoft Windows System Protection are often associated with high CPU usage and high disk activity. The problem is still quite common. Some people have reported nearly 70% CPU usage from this process alone. The only way to fix the problem is to disable System Restore.
How do I stop Microsoft background task host?
In the search bar, type MSConfig. In System Settings, check Hide all Microsoft services and click Disable all. On the Startup tab, click Open Task Manager. Select each startup item, right-click, and select Disable.
Fix : Srtasks.Exe High Disk Usage error In Windows 10
You see this message this indicates that high disk uses in your window 10 pc this is an executable of an automatic Microsoft process called Microsoft system protection background task which is quite often used by windows 10 tasks for creating restore point automatically.
There is quite a way to fix this issue hide this issue in window 10 let’s see how to let’s press windows key and are together to open run command and here services dot m taxi and enter to open service windows when service windows open up go to the right side of the window of name column okay and here scroll down and find sis main sys system select this and double click to open system main properties local computer window under the general tab.
Go to starter type and select disabled and then press stop and apply and ok just restart your pc and see if it helps fix this issue sr task dot exe high disk issue in your pc if it does not work.
Then go to the second method for second method type here cmd right click and click on run as administrator when cmd window opens up only this command paste here and enter this process will take time so wait patiently the system file checker will detect any corrupt file and repair them accordingly once it complete reboot your pc and the srtasks.exe high disk issue in your window 10 pc should be gone.