How to find my windows product key windows 10
- Press Windows key + X
- Click Command Prompt (Admin)
- Once open, copy and paste the following command and then hit the Enter key
- At the command prompt, type:
wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
A Windows product key is a 25-character code used to activate Windows. It looks like this:
PRODUCT KEY: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
Get Help From Microsoft on Windows 10 Activation
- Press Windows key + R
- Type: slui.exe 4 then hit Enter
- Select your country from the list-menu
- choose the option phone activation, the wait for an agent to assist you.
Transfer Windows 10 Pro Pack Key to a new Computer
- Open Settings > Update & security > Activation > Troubleshooter.
- Sign in with your Microsoft Account used to purchase the Pro Pack license.
- After troubleshooting is completed, Windows 10 will indicate a digital license for Windows 10 Pro has been found.
- Click Activate Windows, then follow the on-screen wizard.
How to find Product Key in Windows 10
- Before knowing the working procedure to find the Windows 10 Product key, it is better to be conscious about the facts.
- The first one, if you are using the pirated version of Windows 10, then you won’t get the working product key by using these methods.
- This procedure will only fetch you the license if you are using genuine copy of Windows 10.
- Second one, in the case if you are trying to reinstall the operating system on the same
- Windows 10 activated computer, then you actually don’t need to find the product key until you decide to activate the same copy of Windows 10 on another computer.
- But, I recommend you to take the backup of the license in any condition by using these
- 2 simple methods.
- Now let’s see how we can find Windows 10 Product Key on a preloaded laptop or computer.
- First method is by using the command prompt.
- You don’t need any kind of software to find the lost Windows product key and here is how you can do it.
- Open command prompt in administrative rights by right clicking at the left bottom corner.
- Here, you will need to type a command.
- wmic path softwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey The whole command is case sensitive.
- The L in the Licensing, S in the service, O in the Original, P in the product and K in the Key should be capital.
- You can find this command in the description of this video.
- Once you type the command, hit the enter button to view the Windows 10 Product Key in the command prompt window.
- If you don’t see any key, then you are using pirated version of Windows.
- Now let’s see the second method which is by using a software called ProduKey.
- Using this ProduKey by NirSoft you can recover the lost Windows and MS Office Product keys.
- You just need to download and run this tool on your computer to find Windows 10 Product Key.
- First of all visit nirsoft.net and on the homepage find ProduKey under Freeware System tools.
- Click on it and come all the way down to download ProduKey software.
- Once downloaded, extract the ZIP file and then find the ProduKey application.
- Open it to view all the Windows product keys including Windows 10.
- You can note down these keys and can use them when you reinstall on your computer.